HCC Speciality has a great opportunity for an Accounts Receivable Specialist within our Accounting Department at our office located in Mount Kisco, New York.|
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible to perform a variety of routine and non-routine accounting activities such as maintenance of the general ledger, preparation of various accounting statements and financial reports and accounts payable or receivable functions
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Compile and sort documents, such as invoices, checks and receipts, to substantiate business transactions.
- Verify and post details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and total accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases.
- Prepare vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports and other records, and review for accuracy.
- Code data and input into financial data processing systems according to company procedures.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts with various registers.
- Extract general ledger information for use in analysis and reports.
- Research and respond to both internal and external customers regarding inquiries and resolve issues and discrepancies.
- Provide ad hoc information and data analysis as requested to support both current work and special projects.
- Perform other general clerical duties such as filing, copying, typing, answering phones and operating departmental office equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance or a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience
- Two to three years accounts receiable experience
- Possess and have ability to apply basic knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
- Good written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Good organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates and technical developments related to applicable area of the Companys business to proactively respond to changing business environment
- Proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
HCC Specialty offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join our team of professionals. HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.hcc.com for more information about our companies.
CareerBuilder - 23 months ago