Parkway Properties has an opening for an Accounts Receivable Specialist in Jacksonville, FL. This position is responsible for accounts receivable activities as assigned to include preparation, review and maintenance of records. Duties may include:
• Prepare and post cash receipts to accounts on a daily basis.
• Research discrepancies and debit memos to accurately process, issue and post credits and debits to customer accounts as necessary.
• Maintain all records and files and backup documentation related to accounts receivable, and ensures timely support documentation is maintained on the system.
• Print and review aging report on a weekly basis.
• Complete collection calls for delinquent accounts on a daily basis.
• Initiate, track and maintain all records/files associated with collection activities for each account to include negotiated payment schedules, telephone call documentation and collection efforts.
• Ensure company adherence to policies and procedures for consistent handling of accounts receivable and collection matters.
• Maintain accurate information in databases.
• Answer tenant calls relative to statements and billing activities, and perform reconciliations as necessary.
• Research and respond to all A/R inquiries in a prompt and professional manner.
• Assist management in assigned efforts related to monitoring, reporting, or other general A/R activities.
• Ensures financial information is accurate and immediately reports any suspected fraudulent activity to management.
• Post miscellaneous charges to tenant accounts.
• Assist in year-end audit process.
• Assist with additional duties as assigned by management.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and competencies:
• Basic understanding of accounting.
• Knowledge of mathematical and budgeting skills.
• Oral & Written Communication skills
• The ability to work independently on assigned tasks.
• Analyzing and problem solving skills as well as being detail oriented.
• Computer skills and knowledge of accounting, financial analysis, word processing, and spreadsheet software.
• Strong work ethic and high level of integrity.
Preference will be given to candidates with a minimum of 2 years of Accounts Receivable experience. A High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required. To apply, please complete our online job application found at the link below. Parkway is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Parkway Properties, Inc., a member of the S&P Small Cap 600 Index, is a self-administered real estate investment trust specializing in the ownership of quality office properties in higher-growth submarkets in the Sunbelt region of the United States. Parkway owns or has an interest in 38 office properties located in nine states with an aggregate of approximately 10.0 million square feet of leasable space at November 1, 2012. Fee-based real estate services are offered through wholly owned subsidiaries of the Company, which in total manage and/or lease approximately 11.6 million square feet for third-party owners at November 1, 2012.
Parkway Properties, Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard