Accounts Receivable Credit /Collections Specialist II
We are seeking an organized and detail oriented Accounts Receivable Credit /Collections Specialist to join our accounting team. An ability to prioritize, work independently and maintain a professional/friendly demeanor is essential.
The Accounts Receivable Credit /Collections Specialist is responsible for daily receipt application, cash management and debit/credit memo creation for all US based entities. Furthermore, this position is responsible for collections of outstanding balances from the existing client base and all other aspects of collections, resolving customer billing problems and reducing accounts receivable delinquency.
Experience and Skills
- Collects customer payments in accordance with payment due dates.
- Researches cash receipts, coding and posting of receipts.
- Researches and applies unallocated cash.
- Reviews open accounts for collection efforts.
- Makes outbound collection calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations.
- Resolves client-billing problems and rescues accounts receivable delinquency, applying good customer service in a timely manner.
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and discuss them with management.
- Review and monitor assigned accounts and all applicable collection reports.
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements.
- Issues customer statements.
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 3-4 years of corporate accounts receivable credit and collections experience including interaction with a large customer base.
- Accounting software experience required. (Great Plains or similar ERP system software preferred).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Access.
- Experience in a small business software or other high transaction environment is preferred but not required.
- Strong communication, problem solving and analytical skills required
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast changing environment.
- College level accounting classes preferred.
ThreatTrack Security - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard