Provides cashier functions for all cash and credit card payments. Enter patient and insurance payments on patient accounts. Research denials monitors late self pay accounts.
High School graduate or GED with prior clerical experience. Computer literate and able to type 40 wpm with accuracy. Must have prior cashiering and cash balancing experience. Must have excellent customer service skills and interact in a positive manner with patients and co-workers. Prior medical office and medical terminology experience is preferred. Yup’ik speaking preferred. Able to function under stressful situations. Able to work with minimal supervision.
Able to represent BBAHC in a professional manner. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span (e.g., pediatric/adult/geriatric) and posses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his/her age specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the assigned units’ policies and procedures.
- Responsible for main cashier functions for BBAHC with medical payments, meal ticket purchase and misc. sales.
- Enter payments on patient’s accounts from third parties and self-pay.
- Record denial and non-payments and refer to responsible biller/collector for further research.
- Review patient’s account for necessary payment information. Refer patients to Financial Counselor as needed.
- Ask patient’s to make payment(s)
- Process credit card authorizations and payments.
- Accurately calculate and ring up sales for cash pay items such as glasses, hearing aids, etc.
- Balance cash drawer daily and reconcile any differences. Process daily cash for deposit.
- Tracks self-pay patient accounts for timeliness of payments, makes patient contact phone calls to request payment and/or refers account(s) to Financial Counselor.
- Knowledge of third party coverage rules and correctly select the appropriate coverage for the visit (e.g., Medicare, Medicaid, Employee Health, Worker’s Comp, Fisherman’s Fund, Commercial Insurance, etc.)
- Maintain strict patient confidentiality at all times in accordance with Federal Privacy rules and HIPAA regulations.
- Work evenings and weekends if assigned to those shifts.