CANDESCENT EYE MANAGEMENT
(dba Koch Eye and Eye Health Vision Centers)
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The AR Director is responsible for managing all activities to ensure accurate and precise billing and reimbursement of all appropriate services. The Director supervises the Billings and Collections teams and works closely with the center managers, team leaders, and corporate medical director to ensure all revenue and collection processes are streamlined to minimize disruption in patient care while maximizing reimbursement and minimizing DSO with third-party insurance companies. The AR Director is responsible for the development of Standard Operating Procedures to ensure controls are in place to comply with regulations and best practices in managing cash and receipts. The AR Director is responsible for negotiating contracts with third-party insurance companies and maintaining on-going business relationships with insurance companies. This position works closely with the senior management team to achieve business objectives.
- Assure timely and accurate electronic billing of services and timely collection of receivables and timely and accurate applications of receipts
- Manage self-pay financing plans and financial hardship applications and assessment process
- Implement processes and policies that improve quality and efficiency of billing and collection procedures.
- Liaise with insurance contacts to improve denial rates, reduce re-processing of claims, and resolution of other inefficiencies
- Weekly reporting of invoicing totals/aging totals/cash receipts/invoice adjustments
- Manage staff of 20 located in Dartmouth, MA and Warwick, RI
- Conduct and document audit of billings to patient charts
- Review charges entered and claims denials weekly to assess errors and identify areas for training and improvement. Publish billing error rates and claims denial rates by office and by staff
- Evaluate opportunities to maximize revenue, develop recommendations, and implement
- Manage transition of acquired operations into company billing system
- Key member of implementation team for new EMR system, including set-up, testing, training, and implementation of new processes.
- Work with operations team to enhance precertification process to decrease number of claims denied for invalid insurance or lack of authorization or referral.
- Provide comprehensive training and re-training for employees and physicians
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in billing and collections in healthcare industry.
- Experience with ophthalmology practice a plus
- Superior spreadsheets skills and a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of nationally recognized healthcare practice management systems and billing/collections modules
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must. .
- Managerial skills and experience are a must.
- Experience with EMR system a plus
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Optimal eyesight contributes to a full life. Candescent Eye is dedicated to ensuring everyone sees their best and protects one of patients’ most precious gifts, their eyesight, throughout their lifetime. We are dedicated to helping people see, feel and look their best throughout their lifetime. The company operates full service vision care centers and has a team of leading physicians and business leaders who are setting the standard for vision health in the US. The company plans to initially develop a footprint in the Northeast through the acquisition of large physician owned practices. The company currently manages 12 eye care centers and 2 surgery centers with a team of over 350 employees.
Candescent Eye was formed in 2011 and, in early 2012, acquired Koch Eye Associates, a rapidly expanding eye care practice in Rhode Island. Founded in 1981, Koch Eye Associates has grown to be one of the leading eye care practices in Rhode Island. Koch Eye Associates has been in business for over 30 years providing comprehensive eye care and optical services throughout the state. Koch Eye Associates is known for treating patients like family and setting the standards for eye care in the industry. Koch’s loyal customer following and reputation as one of the Best Places to work has created the opportunity to grow and open new locations.
In December 2012, the Company acquired Eye Health Associates and Seacoast Eye. Eye Health has been in business for over 30 years and has several offices serving the South Coast of Massachusetts as well as on office in Middletown, Rhode Island. Seacoast Eye operates an office in Wakefield, Rhode Island.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties to be performed.