BrightEdge is the leading enterprise SEO platform and the trusted partner of the largest and most recognizable brands in the world. BrightEdge helps marketers rise above the increasing clutter of the web and drive more than $3 billion in organic revenue from search engines across the globe in a measurable, predictable way. Our clients include seven of the top 10 retailers as well as Fortune 1000 leaders in e-commerce, technology, media, Internet, financial services and consumer goods. BrightEdge is based in San Mateo, CA and is privately held with financing from Battery Ventures, Altos Ventures and Illuminate Ventures.
We are looking to hire an Account Receivable Specialist who wants to be part of a fast-paced startup company. The ideal candidate will have had collections experience for an enterprise software-as-a-service (SaaS) company and can work in a fast paced environment.
Skill & Experience
- On an ongoing basis maintain accounts receivable activities, initiates the collection process of overdue accounts, monitor aging, reconcile A/R to the General Ledger.
- Researches customer deductions and coordinates resolution, where appropriate, updating system notes with the status of all collection activity
- Responds to customers’ requests for documentation, which may include but is not limited to providing invoice copies and statements. Updates system notes as appropriate
- Maintains customer billing files to ensure information is complete, accurate and compliant with standard operating procedures
- After researching collection activity and status, follows general operating procedures to recommend amounts for write-off
- Reconciles customer accounts and prepares adjustments following standard operating procedures
- Communicates on an ongoing basis with billing staff to resolve accounts receivable issues as appropriate
- Periodically, prepares reports on the status of accounts receivable to management. This may include but is not limited to preparing reports for finance and sales management on past due customers and preparing monthly credit summary reports
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in accounts receivable
- Experienced in fast paced, results-oriented, hands-on environment
- Experience at SaaS companies is a must
- General understanding of accounting principles.
- Experience using Quickbooks
- Basic knowledge of A/R policies and procedures is required to perform the essential functions
- Familiar with fundamental collection ethics and procedures
- Should be able to deal with customers in a friendly, courteous, timely and professional manner.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to collaborate with others internally and consistently display a “team player” attitude is required.
- Good attention to detail and the ability to remain organized and focused is essential. Should have the ability to work on multiple tasks with moderate supervision
BrightEdge - 20 months ago