The Accreditation & Agreement Specialist provides agreement and budget support to the Learning & Development (L&D) division at ESI International. This is an exceptional opportunity to gain cross functional skills including research and analysis, project and contract management skills, negotiation and facilitation skills, legal- and accounting-related skills, etc. This individual is directly responsible for managing accreditation agreements and relationships (e.g., ACE, PMI, NASBA, IIBA, and IACET); copyright permission agreements; division agreements for course development and division initiatives; fees and invoices for these agreements; other division expenses; and maintenance of division budget records.
The successful candidate will work at headquarters in Arlington, VA. Within the first year of the position, the individual is required to obtain an ESI’s Associates Certificate in Contract Management. Within the second year of the position, the individual is required to obtain an ESI’s Associates Certificate in Project Management.
- Maintain records of all accreditation, copyright, and L&D division agreements; ensure appropriate distribution; manage expiration review and renewal process.
- Evaluate requests for agreements and reevaluate existing agreements for best-value; analyze agreements in terms of business needs and make recommendations; perform cost-benefit analyses.
- Assess new agreements to ensure language and terms are aligned with ESI requirements; negotiate agreement terms and fees.
- Manage relationships with accrediting bodies; manage accreditation projects (in-depth course and organizational reviews).
- Provide expertise on accreditation agreements and relationships across ESI business units and regions (including OSA, L&D, CBU, GBU, EMEA, and APAC).
- Provide copyright permission support and expertise to course development teams across business units and regions.
- Manage agreement fees and invoices and other division expenses; maintain division budget records; ensure alignment with reports from accounting team.
- Improve processes related to agreements and budget; develop and improve internal guidance; deliver internal training.
- Provide executive support, including meeting support (meeting planning, minutes, and catering).
- Participate in process improvement, inventory management, cost-reduction, and other initiatives.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills (e.g., apply knowledge acquired in the position to new situations and make well-reasoned, informed decisions)
- Ability to connect tactical initiatives to broader strategic goals (e.g., recognize patterns and draw connections in order to make recommendations for process improvement)
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Strong presentation skills and ability to develop and coordinate training sessions for internal teams
- Ability to establish strong trusting relationships in order to accomplish objectives and achieve results through others
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities under competing deadlines (effective time management)
- Excellent customer service and business literacy skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (ability to use formulas in MS Excel and/or create forms and templates in MS Word a plus, but not required)
- Ability to learn new programs and provide recommendation and feedback for future improvement
- Familiarity with accrediting bodies is a plus, but not required
- Bachelor of Arts/Science
- 3-plus years experience in a professional business environment
ESI International - 12 months ago