At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, transport and civil engineering projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 10,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
Arup's San Francisco office is currently seeking an Acoustician to contribute to our team of acoustics, audiovisual and theatre design specialists.
Your responsibilities will involve:
• Performing calculations and conducting analyses in all aspects of acoustics in the built environment, including room acoustics, sound isolation and HVAC noise and vibration
• Conducting site acoustic and vibration measurements and related testing
• Electroacoustic analysis and audiovisual systems design
• Utilize room acoustics modeling programs for acoustic and electroacoustic design and audio processing applications for project work
• Work on defined tasks under supervision with a senior team member
• Develop consulting skills and learn to positively influence the project design process and our relationships with clients
• Bachelor's degree in Acoustics, Architectural Engineering, Mechanical, Music-Engineering, Physics, or related program. Master’s degree in Acoustics or related program is preferred.
• Understanding of typical architectural, structural and MEP building systems
• Experience with acoustic calculations, 3D computer modeling, audio processing applications. Data acquisition and programming experience with audio applications is preferred.
• EIT/FE desired.
• Good communication skills essential for team-based working.
• Self-motivated to learn, explore and develop new skills and become part of the larger A+E community
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
Things always look up for Arup Group, a global design and business consulting firm. The company provides engineering, architectural, and...