Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. is the industry-leading manufacturer of high performance mobile electronics, founded in 1978. Alpine is the only manufacturer specializing in mobile multimedia, an integrated system approach incorporating digital entertainment, security and navigation products for your mobile entertainment. As a consolidated subsidiary of Alps Electric Co., Ltd., one of the world's premier manufacturers of electronic components for computer, communications and car electronic equipment, Alpine is the specialized supplier of quality mobile electronics systems.
With the award of new business, we will be seeking an Acoustic Engineer to work with our OEM customers and suppliers to lead the development of engine active noise cancellation. The engineer will reside at our Farmington Hills, MI location. In summer 2013, this position will move to Auburn Hills, MI.
• Communicates with Alpine Japan to answer customer requests and concerns.
• Meets with the customer at customer’s location on a weekly basis in order to maintain the business relationship, and resolve any pending issues.
• Performs systems engineering tasks as required.
• Provide engineering input to marketing to help develop marketing plans.
• Advocate Alpine’s sound system capabilities internally and to customers and consumers in accordance with Alpine’s marketing plan.
• Tune automotive active noise cancellation systems in accordance to Alpine’s internal standards and in-line with OEM customer requirements.
• Participate in fault finding / root cause analysis of active noise cancellation system.
• Present research at technical meetings and forums such as the Audio Engineering Society, Acoustical Society of America, etc.
• Develop relationships with technical sound members within North American and European OEM’s.
• Travel domestically and internationally as required
This position requires a Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Acoustic/electrical engineering or related subject from four-year college or university; and 5 or more years of related experience in automotive infotainment and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of car audio systems/multimedia/navigation systems and customer organization systems, Alpine capabilities and product line. Fundamental understanding of DSP and electronics with a strong background in acoustic theory. Active noise cancellation experience is a plus. In-depth knowledge (both practical and theoretical) understanding of loudspeakers. Experience in subjective evaluation of automotive audio systems and tuning of automotive sound systems. In-depth understanding of Psychoacoustics. Strong interpersonal skills, outgoing and friendly. Must understand basic business policies and procedures. Ability to set and achieve goals, understands deadline and follow-up. Must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Must have the ability to speak effectively before groups and employees. Ideally have already published research and is an active member of the audio community. Proficient in Microsoft Office or Lotus Notes.
We offer competitive salaries with an excellent and comprehensive benefits package and a great work environment. Alpine values its members as individuals, and is committed to forming an energetic and attractive company where the quality of work is enhanced.