Skillshare is looking for a highly analytical and experienced marketing professional to lead and manage our paid acquisition efforts, with a focus on online channels (SEM, social, display, affiliate, retargeting, etc.). This is a crucial role - your mission is to build, implement, and optimize Skillshare's cross-channel customer acquisition strategy as well as its customer retention framework.
If you live to build brands that have a positive impact, we want you. If the only ideas that excite you are big ones - the most impossible ones - this is your cultural home. You've got genuine passion and creativity, and data is your favorite snack.
You must be highly analytical, exceedingly ROI-focused, and have direct experience marketing via online channels. You've got startup experience and have the desire to build a growing business from the ground up.
Please note that before an offer is made, you will be have to set up reference calls with previous direct managers, which will help the Skillshare team understand how best to work together.
- Research, develop, and implement an online paid customer acquisition strategy to drive user awareness, direct traffic, and acquisition (i.e., CAC, LTV)
- Generate qualified traffic and acquire customers across online marketing channels, including SEM, social media networks, affiliate, video, retargeting, etc.
- Create and manage customer lifecycle including both retention and referral campaigns (i.e. CRM)
- Collaborate with Skillshare's product team to optimize effective user flows
- Continually monitor, report on, and optimize campaign performance using split and multivariate testing, executing changes based on quantitative, actionable insight
- Distill and provide insights for various cross-functional, internal teams and the marketing team
- Partner with Skillshare's VP of Marketing to ensure successful execution of Skillshare's acquisition marketing strategy
Skillshare is a global-learning community for real-world skills. We're hiring for our headquarters in New York City. We offer a competitive compensation package including equity options for all employees.
- Deep experience managing SEM and other channels to drive customer acquisition, with proven track record of driving results within budget
- Highly collaborative team player with a history of effectively forming cross-functional partnerships
- Highly analytical and data driven, but also have a passion for creativity and being ahead of the trends
- Strong organizational and execution skills, attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Extensive experience in effectively targeting specific customer demographics
- Deep expertise with marketing at startup and growth companies
- Ability to manage and drive scalable and repeatable processes
Our hiring processes are unusually thorough. There are competency interviews but also a chronological interview in which we ask about your entire career - all your successes, mistakes, key decisions, and key relationships. All finalists are asked to arrange personal reference calls with former managers.
The benefits to high performers who apply are many: 1) you'll join our family with almost all high performers; 2) career opportunities with Skillshare are unusually good because so many high performers continue to grow the company; 3) 90% of people who join us are happy on the job a year later and are rated High Performer; and 4) within a couple weeks of joining us you'll receive comprehensive coaching to help you assimiliate smoothly, perform very quickly, and begin formulating your individual development plan to help you grow
Skillshare - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -