Located in Danvers, MA, HCPro, Inc., www.hcpro.com is a leading provider of integrated information systems, analysis, and work flow solutions to the U.S. healthcare industry. For more than 25 years, the company has provided healthcare GRC (Governance, Risk, and Compliance) solutions that help healthcare organizations improve compliance, financial, and quality outcomes through easy access to regulatory standards, trusted insight and interpretation, as well as practical assessment and benchmarking tools. In addition, HCPro offers best-in-class education and implementation assistance, helping organizations to better serve their patients and communities. The Company’s leading brands include HCPro, HealthLeaders Media, and The Greeley Company.
Responsible for acquiring new and updated book projects to build HCPro’s book product pipeline consistent with the company’s publishing strategy.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop proposals for new and updated projects to meet acquisitions goals, deadlines and financial requirements.
• Prepare contracts and negotiate terms with authors and partners.
• Ensure the quality and market-readiness of all products through careful peer review and oversight of content development as appropriate.
• Manage the proposal creation and routing process from pre-contract to publication, regularly updating project status reports as required.
• Contribute to the development of books publishing strategy including digital publishing and ancillary products.
• Develop deep market knowledge (subject and industry) through systematic market research, attendance at trade shows and conferences, and the proactive establishment of a strong network of editors, authors and reviewers.
• Research market trends, competitive titles and suggest marketing opportunities for acquired titles.
• Prepare and present competitive market research for current and emerging market conditions.
• Keep abreast of market conditions, trends, and needs through interaction with industry professionals.
A minimum of 5 years of successful book acquisitions experience, preferably in the healthcare area
Eduction: BA Degree
Computer: Familiarity with MS Office and database applications
Travel requirements- 20-30%
HCPro is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer; M/F/D/V are especially encouraged to apply.
HCPro.com - 17 months ago
Located in Danvers, MA, HCPro, Inc., www.hcpro.com is a leading provider of integrated information systems, analysis, and work flow...