Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Acting Assistant Dean for Curriculum provides guidance to all Deans, chairs, and faculty in the development and execution of curriculum and courses of study. This will include, but not be limited to, management of all internal and external reports and activities that impact curriculum for all subject areas. The Acting Assistant Dean will also be charged with developing a vision and global perspective for curriculum and curriculum integration across schools in the College.
Performing other duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Communicating regularly with the Deans concerning curriculum development
- Assisting chairs and Deans with the development of models for determining the resource needs for proposed curricula.
- Serving as a resource to faculty, chairs, and Deans, providing guidance and support in the development of curriculum
- Facilitating discussions between and among the various schools on interdisciplinary course work.
- Coordinating and maintaining regular communication with SUNY and the State Department of Education on curriculum approvals, particularly new courses of study.
- Ensuring the accuracy of curriculum in catalogs, websites, and other communications vehicles.
- Serving as a technical expert to the College-wide curriculum committee and to the Deans’ council on curriculum development and approval matters
- Implementing effective internal systems to monitor the efficiency and appropriateness of curricula and making recommendations to the VPAA and Deans for changes to be discussed with the faculty.
- Researching, sharing, and developing curriculum practices from other colleges and universities and professional organizations.
- A minimum of a master’s degree (an earned doctorate preferred)
- At least seven (7) years of combined professional experience of teaching and educational administration at the college or university level.
- Experience in curriculum design and work with accrediting bodies preferred.
Please note this is a one year appointment from July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2014.
Fashion Institute of Technology - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Fashion Institute of Technology is a college of art and design, business and technology of the State University of New York (SUNY), with...