Cycling Sports Group
Activation Marketing Director, CSG North America
Creates, organizes and executes national events and consumer demo strategy and programs for CSG in NA based on marketing and profit objectives
VP Marketing, CSG North America
CMO, Sports Marketing Manager, PR Manager, Brand Marketing
· Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to use a computer keyboard and view a monitor for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to ride a bicycle without assistance.
· Must be able to lift bicycles up to 40 pounds without assistance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for creating and organizing a national consumer and trade events strategy with a focus on delivering brand, product and revenue objectives across all CSG brands. Events include, but are not limited to Global Sales Show/ US Dealer Show (internal), Tour of California, US Pro Challenge.
- Develop and manage regional demo program, including calendar, training, vehicles, team, ROI metrics, dealer support.
- Develop Events and Demo program to engage new users and expands the consumer base and share.
- Oversee Event and Demo Managers to establish departmental ways of working, best practices and process to optimize resources and ROI. Coach Event/Demo team to continually reinforce best practice and delivery against defined strategy
- Partner with Sports Marketing to ensure a cohesive athlete appearance and activation strategy at US events/demos.
- Partner with Education/Training Manager to ensure training platform is executed across US events/demos.
· Activate event strategy to accurately reflect individual CSG brand values; deliver a clear, strong, authentic brand message to the consumer.
- Develops overall strategy and best practices for consumer demo program in line with Global Brand objectives . Oversee field team on flawless execution of annual calendar.
- Work in conjunction with the Retail Marketing Director to ensure that marketing initiatives and programs are leveraged across the sales channel and merchandised on the b2b site.
- Oversee and continuously seek opportunities to improve the event program through continuous evaluation of events communications, programming, staff, logistics, budget and interaction with other internal and external units
- Oversee development and management of grass roots events and team program; provide sales team with tools, protocol and evaluation criteria to manage at a local level
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field.
- At least 7-10 years prior experience in product marketing to include advertising, event marketing, sports marketing, retail
- Bicycle industry / action sports industry experience
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point.
- Must possess good interpersonal/relationship skills – must cooperate and communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisor and/or outside contacts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be team oriented and able to accept ideas and strategy from other departments and individuals.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Self-motivated and quality conscious.
- Attentive to detail.
- Must be able to carry out assignments with moderate supervision.
- Must be willing to travel 25%
Ø Bicycle product development experience.
Ø Knowledge of the product development process in an import environment.