The Activity Coordinator position is a non–exempt position with SL Start. The Activities Coordinator plans, coordinates, and assists individuals on community outings.
- Assist individuals with community interaction and recreation by transporting individuals in a timely and courteous manner to various activities.
- Focus is on providing transportation and supporting individuals to become active members of their communities.
- Provides Positive Behavior Support while interacting with individuals in our program.
- Researches and coordinates activities in the community that meets each person's unique preferences and needs.
- The Activities Coordinator is also required to complete record keeping as requested by the Program Manager.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Valid driver's license, insurance and reliable transportation.
- Ability to satisfy a background check and drug screen.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible, non–traditional schedule.
- Ability to lift and maneuver up to 50 pounds of unbalanced weight.
- Ability to establish work priorities and work independently.
- Ability to train and foster skills development with participants.
- A strong desire to enrich lives.
- Experience with Positive Behavior Support, behavior management and training programs desired but not required.
Growth and Development::
- Complete Basic Orientation and attend other in–service training as recommended.
- Set and achieve performance and development goals as scheduled through the Employee Assessment Tool process
- Complete and remain current in First Aid, CPR, Therapeutic Options, Infection Control and Bloodborne Pathogens Training.
- A fun, creative work environment
- Paid Training
- Advancement opportunities
- Strong support and encouragement from upper management
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long- and short-term disability
- Supplemental Insurance products including Critical Illness and Accidental Injury (all employees 20 hours or more)
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Reimbursement