Gowanda Rehab & Nursing Center is seeking a Part Time Activities Assistant to join their dedicated team of care professionals. Position hours vary. Some days, evenings and weekends.
The Activities Assistant assists in the planning, developing, organizing, implementing, and evaluating Activity Programs in accordance with current existing federal, state, and local standards, as well as facility policies and procedures, to ensure that the spiritual development, emotional, physical, intellectual, recreational and social needs of the resident are met/maintained on an individual basis. Demonstrates an understanding of, and embraces, the mission statement of Cambridge.
The Activities Assistant will be responsible for:
Long Term Care experience preferred.
- Assisting the program director with planing activities
- Implementing daily activity programs as scheduled as well as expand by assisting develop new activity programs to meet the needs and interests of the residents
- Maintain monthly Participation Records
- Promoting resident independence and maintaining or improving quality of life through recreation therapy
- Planning parties and events that may or may not include family members, taking care of the details surrounding each such event
- Treat all residents and family members with caring and dignity
- Be able to multi-task and work with a diverse population
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
Possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and the general public.
Willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel. Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents based on their highest practical functioning level.
Possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing activity programs.
Must have a sincere desire to work with the aged.
Must have some understanding of the social, psychological, and recreational needs of the aged.