As an Activity Assistant you will be responsible for involving residents in activities programming that meets their abilities, needs, and interests.
Additional responsibilities of the Activity Assistant include:
• Evaluating effectivness of programming.
• Keeping activity area free of hazards.
• Following appropriate and adequate safety measures while on outings.
• Cleaning/sanitizing supplies and equipment according to set schedule.
To qualify for the Activity Assistant, you must have effective communication skills and be able to work with individuals of all ages.
Additional requirements of the Activity Assistant include:
• Completion of an activity training program or ability to complete such program approved by the facility and the state in which the facility is located is preferred.
• If assigned on Alzheimer's Unit, training in working with residents with dementia.
• Training for communication skills in working with visually/hearing impaired, aphasic residents or other specific disabilities and validation techniques are preferred.
• Basic Computer Skills.
Temporary Life Enrichment Assistant - 38 hours per week
Approximately Sept 1st- October 31st
Bright, unwavering enthusiasm is what we are looking for to join our team in a Senior Care Facility during an employee medical leave.
* Must have strong understanding of customer service, must be confident and able to make decisions. Must have the natural ability to problem solve, anticipate the needs of all the people around you, maintain eye contact and smile at everyone.
* Must have a strong love for service and safety, must be comfortable in and support spiritual needs in a strong faith-based environment and above all must have a special place in your heart for the greatest generation and those generations to come.
* Must LOVE to be super busy all day. You will get normal breaks, but this role is designed to keep you on our feet all day, moving from task to task and always, always thinking about how to best enrich the lives of the residents.
* Must be creative and able to learn quickly and think independently.
Current C.N.A. certification required.
1 year experience working in long-term care required.
Basic computer skills required.
Candidate should possess a strong working knowledge of older adults with special needs, active seniors and individuals with physical and cognitive disabilities. Candidate must be enthusiastic, attentive, and flexible, and able to take initiative to facilitate groups, problem solve and engage residents in meaningful opportunities.. Candidate must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
If you meet all the above requirements, we can train you to do the rest.
*If you need assistance to complete this application or during the interview process such as sign language interpreters, readers or other accommodations, please contact the person listed.
The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society - 20 months ago
The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society (TELGSS) strives to be a good neighbor to all, particularly to the elderly people in need of...