As an Activity Assistant you will be responsible for involving residents in activities programming that meets their abilities, needs, and interests.
Additional responsibilities of the Activity Assistant include:
• Evaluating effectivness of programming.
• Keeping activity area free of hazards.
• Following appropriate and adequate safety measures while on outings.
• Cleaning/sanitizing supplies and equipment according to set schedule.
To qualify for the Activity Assistant, you must have effective communication skills and be able to work with individuals of all ages.
Additional requirements of the Activity Assistant include:
• Completion of an activity training program or ability to complete such program approved by the facility and the state in which the facility is located is preferred.
• If assigned on Alzheimer's Unit, training in working with residents with dementia.
• Training for communication skills in working with visually/hearing impaired, aphasic residents or other specific disabilities and validation techniques are preferred.
• Basic Computer Skills.
1:00 - 3:00 every other Saturday afternoon, with possibiity for additional hours for fill-in.
The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society (TELGSS) strives to be a good neighbor to all, particularly to the elderly people in need of...