The Product Development department is responsible for the development, completion, and submission of the Medicare Advantage bids. Under the direction of the Director of MA Pricing, the Actuarial Analyst I, is responsible for data query & analysis, running actuarial models, data entry and preparing reports.
- Development of Medicare Advantage bids.
- Analysis of provider contracts.
- Analysis of new business development opportunities.
- Developing financial projections and experience studies.
- Creating and maintaining actuarial models and databases.
- Preparing actuarial reports, filings and certifications.
- Supporting current market and expansion activities.
- Supporting UAM staff needing actuarial services.
- And all other duties assigned by manager or supervisor.
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must have a track record of producing work that is highly accurate, demonstrates attention to detail, and reflects well on the organization
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Passed at least 1 SOA exam
- Minimum 1 year experience in the healthcare field preferred
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office & VBA
- SQL database experience preferred
- Medicare Advantage experience preferred
Universal American Corp. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Universal American Financial Corp - 30+ days ago
Universal American Corp. (Universal American) offers a range of health insurance and managed care products and services, primarily to the se...