Consumer United is a venture backed start up company of over 100 professionals founded in 2007. We are focused on being the country’s biggest consumer web organization that allows individuals to find rates, coverage and companies that best fit their personal insurance needs. Our main product lines are Auto and Home Insurance. We have a small life insurance group, and are slowly adding other financial services such as Auto Loans and Credit Cards as we continue to grow. At all levels of the organization you’ll fine intelligent, performance driven highly motivated people with a work hard play hard mindset.
Forecaster / econometrician to apply forecasting and econometric modeling to develop customer growth and loss forecasts that provide insight on business direction review customer behavior patterns to strengthen and improve forecast accuracy incorporate data management techniques to streamline existing forecast process.
Customer Analysis & Modeling
Data Analysis & Reporting
- Apply a wide variety of advanced statistical, mathematical, and financial techniques to complicated processes for modeling, forecasting, profiling, and other complex analytical problems.
- Employ statistical, financial, and analytic knowledge to develop relevant profile analyses and descriptive statistics of customer migration, usage, demand, switching history, payment history, and other characteristics used to segment customers.
- Use statistical techniques (e.g., clustering or other multivariate) to conduct model segmentation & characterization for Residential customers.
- Develop and execute forecasting models (regression, time series, survival analysis, etc.) for customer growth, loss, and usage (load forecast) at various model segments that are based on historical customer behavior, existing market data, and marketing projections.
- Utilize data management and computer literacy skills (SAS or SQL+) to manipulate large data sets for database extraction, reporting, and model development. Perform data quality techniques to identify data inconsistencies, determine significance of data quality, and implement data logic adjustments as needed.
- Develop performance tracking reports that detail retention and acquisition by various customer/product segments for statistical trend analysis.
- Create a monthly or weekly automated/semi-automated forecasting process that updates existing models and feeds various report templates.
Consumer United is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.
- 2+ years previous experience of experience in actuarial, preferably in predictive modeling.
- Ability to juggle and combine it with high attention to detail, a keen sense of accountability and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Creative, self-motivated individual who has the ability to work independently and prioritize among multiple competing demands to ensure that short-term goals supporting long-term initiatives are achieved.
- Strong SAS and Excel (including Visual Basic) experience required. Teradata SQL and Predictive modeling experience (Emblem, Pretium, or R) preferable
- 5+ years work related experience (database marketing, statistical modeling, decision analytics, etc.)
- Knowledge and/or experience with SAS (PC or Unix) or SQL & Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated highly-developed communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Analytical, curious and a strong mix of left and right brain, and a passion for data.
- Bachelors’ degree in quantitative field (statistics, econometrics, math, engineering)
- Candidates must have permanent U.S. work authorization to be considered.
Consumer United - 2 years ago