Actuarial Assistant Position within the
Finance Actuarial San Francisco Hub
AIG is the leading global insurance organization and largest underwriter of commercial property casualty insurance coverage in North America.
The qualified candidate will become a member of AIG's Finance Actuarial San Francisco Hub. The primary area the candidate is going to work on is the Commercial property casualty reserving in the US Region. Current products include Workers’ Compensation, Automobile Liability, General Liability, Professional Liability, Commercial Property, Financial Lines, and many other products.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Reserving - work with Home Office Finance Actuarial Team to aqequately reserve commercial casualty business
• Enhancements - work with Home Office Finance Actuarial Team to enhance current reserve methodologies with new approaches
• Manage conflicting priorities.
• Coordinate with in-house actuarial staff to supply needed information
• College graduate with strong academic record and Bachelor or Masters degree in
actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, economics, finance or
any major with quantitative course work..
• Passed 2 or more CAS exams, working towards FCAS designation.
• Ideal candidate will have completed a prior actuarial internship.
• Mathematical / Statistical Modeling experience a plus.
• Microsoft Excel, Visual basic, Microsoft Access skill preferred.
• Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently, or within a team environment.
American International Group - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
AIG is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in 130+ countries. AIG companies serve commercial,...