Job Title Actuarial Associate
West Chester - PA
No. of Openings
Full-Time or Part-Time
Relocation Assistance Offered?
We will consider candidates willing to:
Work at Position Location specified above only
'Salary Commensurate with Experience'
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
What is ING?
ING Insurance Americas is a vital part of worldwide ING Group, one of the largest diversified financial services organizations in the world with operations in more than 50 countries and 112,000 employees. We're a leading provider of financial products and services for individuals and businesses, including life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, retirement plans and employee benefits. ING recognizes the critical role our employees play in our success as a company...we understand the link between customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction. As a result, we're building a different work experience for our employees, an experience that appeals to what they value most in a work relationship.
What are the job responsibilities?
Calculation of DAC Asset and other financial reporting items
Use Excel, Visual Basic and database skills to improve process for valuation results.
- Analyze results to communicate to senior management; with an emphasis on developing clear and concise methods for communicating results
- Develop attributions to explain movements in balances
- Complete sensitivity analysis
- Mange controls on results and Business owned applications (BOAs) under SOX Framework
- Support SEC reporting
- Assist in preparation for IPO
- Work with auditors to validate results
Who is our ideal candidate?
- Develop BOAs which improve accuracy and analysis of results
- Create robust documentation on use, development and testing
- Create and perform SOX controls
Candidate should be detail oriented, organized and be able to effectively work in a team environment
Effect oral and written communicator with the ability to convey ideas to multiple audiences (both actuarial and non-actuarial)
Be able to manage multiple priorities and deliverables in a fast paced environment
Take ownership in the process
Proficiency with Microsoft programs with experience in visual basic coding a plus
Completion of 2-5 Actuarial Exams
1+ years of actuarial experience. Experience with Life or annuity products or financial reporting is a plus
What else can we tell you?
The West Chester site offers free on-site parking, a full-service cafeteria, and an on-site gym, with free membership. The site is a smoke-free environment and business casual attire is currently the standard.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer:
ING is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. In addition, ING's diversity accolades include the 2008 Catalyst Award, Best Places to work for LGBT Equality since 2006, and 2006 Hispanic Magazine's "Hispanic Corporate 100: One hundred companies providing the most opportunities for Hispanics." Job sites have been another target for scammers. You should know:
- Medical and dental coverage for employees, their spouses, children and domestic partners.
- 401K Savings Plan with a dollar for dollar match for the first 6% of eligible pay, multiple investment options, and immediate eligibility and vesting after 4 years.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of days for employees to use for any reason; 20 days in first full year of employment, 23 days beginning in the fifth year of employment.
- Health and dependent care spending accounts available. Company provided life insurance for employees; may purchase additional for self, spouses and children.
- Company holidays based on the NYSE calendar, jury duty, military leave, bereavement and community service time.
- Opportunities for professional growth and much more!
- ING will never ask you to pay a fee to become employed. We also provide all equipment to perform your job.
- ING employees are then provided a password-protected site to provide personal information after they begin employment.
- All of our jobs can be viewed at our career web site at http://www.ing-usa.com/us/aboutING/careers/index.htm . If you feel that you’ve been a victim of fraud, contact:
- Your local law enforcement officials.
- The Federal Trade Commission. ( http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm ).
- The web site with the job posting in question.
ING Financial Services - 10 months ago
ING U.S. is the American arm of Dutch financial services firm ING Groep. It offers retirement, investment, and insurance (mostly life)...