The Indianapolis Health Practice continues to grow and has created an additional Actuarial Consultant position.
The office works with a wide range of clients and performs the following types of analyses:
- Budget and forecasting assistance
- Projection and other financial modeling related to health care reform
- Benefit expense estimates for proposed benefit designs
- Medical reserve estimates and year-end actuarial certifications
- Underwriting and pricing assistance for group health plans
- FAS 106 and SOP 92-6 retiree medical valuations
- Experience analysis including outcomes analyses, prevalence / incidence estimates and expenses associated with specified diseases and conditions
- Assistance with contract bidding and negotiations
- Populations projections for product development
- Manage assigned client projects. Interface with clients on data and other issues.
- Work with actuarial students and other staff to gather information, then validate and analyze it.
- Prepare client communications.
- Participate in business development opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of health care industry experience, with a strong desire for personal professional growth, business development opportunities, and working in a merit-focused compensation structure. Candidates must have excellent oral and communication skills.
- Bachelor Degree
- Fellow in the Society of Actuaries
- Computer skills (Excel, SAS is a plus)
- Solid analytic and mathematic skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple types of projects at one time
- Ability to apply skills learned on one project to subsequent analyses
- Professional presence
- Superior problem-solving capabilities and superior learning agility
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Current experience in managing staff/actuarial students
Milliman - 6 months ago
Milliman's consultants aren't exactly thrill-seekers, but they do know a lot about risk. The actuarial and business consulting...