What makes your Actuarial career greater with UnitedHealth Group? Advancement, access to data, variety of product lines, and rewards for delivering on our mission ensures you will always be challenged to do your best.
The Actuarial Consultant will perform mathematical analyses and actuarial modeling that provides management with statistical findings and conclusions. This will directly on our payer consulting division. The analyses will impact foundational pricing and risk assumptions. Responsibilities include:
- Data analysis
- Actuarial modeling
- Participating in client relationships
- Designing and running complex data programs
- Performing quantitative analysis of actuarial, financial, utilization and costs data.
- Perfoming calculation of reserves, development of program rates and forecasting/trend analysis.
- Able to independently manage client work and identify marketing potentials.
- Bachelors degree in Actuarial Science, Math, Economics or a related degree.
- 3+ years of work experience collecting, analyzing and summarizing qualitative/quantitative data analytics.
- Candidates must be on the Actuarial exam track, having passed a minimum of two or more actuary exams (ASA or FSA designation preferred).
- Knowledge of Excel and Access is a must.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- SAS and health care background is a plus
OptumInsight is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
OptumInsight is one of the largest and fastest growing health information companies. We specialize in improving the performance of the health system by providing analytics, technology and consulting services that enable better decisions and results. We integrate workflow solutions that deliver data in real-time, and create actionable insights - processing health information that relates directly to and affects one in four patients in the U.S, one in every three Medicaid dollars and one in every five emergency room visits. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
What can YOU do with the right information? At OptumInsight, the possibilities and the impact are limitless. No matter what your role is at OptumInsight, you'll be empowered to ask more questions, develop better solutions and help make the health care system greater than ever. It's always fresh. It's always exciting. And it's never been more important.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group - 16 months ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...