At Rosetta Stone, our mission is to deliver unparalleled learning experiences that are effective, efficient and engaging for our learners. We’re building systems that leverage vast amounts of data and knowledge from linguistics, cognitive science, artificial intelligence, and machine learning (and frankly anything that will help our learners succeed!).
As an Adaptive Learning Software Engineer you will help us to pioneer learning systems that leverage techniques such as recommendation systems/collaborative filtering, ensemble methods, unsupervised learning, SVM/kernel methods, information retrieval systems, large scale graph analysis, neural networks/deep learning, and any other brilliant techniques you can dream up (to help our learners succeed!). Just as important as the technique is being able to make it work at scale with lots of data from millions of learners.
Although you will work on cutting-edge problems, this position is not a research position. You will participate in the engineering life-cycle at Rosetta Stone, including designing distributed systems, writing production code, conducting code reviews and working alongside our infrastructure and reliability teams. You will be equally comfortable doing incremental quality work and also building brand new systems to enable future quality improvements.
If you are interested in joining a world-class team of passionate people and industry veterans who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!
The position is full-time and can be based in our San Francisco, Austin, Boulder, Arlington, or Harrisonburg offices.
• Build and deploy a wide variety of artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques that work with massive datasets.
• Code using primarily Java, Scala, and/or scripting languages such as Python or Ruby.
• Conduct design and code reviews.
• Work with our analytics, data platform, product management, and operations teams to deliver working solutions.
• B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
• Mastery of at least one modern programming language such as Java, Scala, C/C++, Ruby, or Python.
• Mastery of a wide variety artificial intelligence, machine learning, information retrieval, and or graph analysis techniques.
• Experience with AWS.
• Experience with Hadoop-based architecures and tools (mapreduce, Hive, HBase, Pig, Flume, etc.).
• Passion for education and language learning.
• Obsessive focus on the customer.
Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.
Everything we do at Rosetta Stone revolves around a simple idea: learning a language should be fun, easy and effective.