Current permanent status as an Addictions Counselor 2 and qualified for a lateral transfer ~OR~ Eligible for appointment from the current Addictions Counselor 2 eligible list. Applicants must possess current registration as a Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) in New York State and one year post-CASAC professional counseling experience. Continued employment in this title requires maintenance of credentials. McPike ATC is a Tobacco-Free facility.
The duties that the incumbent of the vacancy will be expected to perform.
The Addiction Counselor 2 will serve as a senior member of a case management team providing clinical services with a marked degree of independence. Specific tasks include:
This position provides constant intervention, initial assessment of patient issues, and continual monitoring of the patient milieu. This position is needed to provide the daily core functioning of McPike ATC.
- Functions as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Leads groups and other patient education or counseling sessions including large psycho-educational groups.
- Designs and implementing special clinical activities as assigned.
- Assists with Recreation Therapy activities.
- Interviews patient to assess patient needs and completes assessments and summaries.
- Establishes, reviews, and updates individualized treatment plans; authors progress notes citing patient’s progress in treatment; uses input from patient and staff to develop treatment plan review notes.
- Develops discharge plans specific to patient needs; authors discharge summaries and transition plans.
- Completes forms, documents, and records efficiently, including discharge planning while adhering to all applicable confidentiality regulations; authors procedurally correct patient records including justification for continued treatment and progress towards meeting goals of treatment plan.
- Supervises patients to ensure compliance with facility rules; work with clients during crises.
- Participates in activities to improve patient care and facility operations.
- Is involved in patient follow-up.
- Provides supervision and guidance to AC1s and other less senior title staff members.
- Must be proficient in the use of a computer for record keeping and documentation.
- Transports patients using NYS vehicles.
- May be assigned other tasks to meet facility needs.
StateJobsNY - 10 months ago