GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
As an additive manufacturing engineer in the Additive Manufacturing Lab (AML) you will work with teams to develop and adapt (where required) additive manufacturing (AM) technologies for GE applications.
In your role as an additive manufacturing engineer you will work with interdisciplinary teams (process engineers, designers, materials scientists) to:
- Adapt material systems for use with commercial and custom additive manufacturing machines. Materials of interest include metals, polymers and ceramics
- Devise and execute structured experiments to develop robust AM machine parameters
- Assist in the development of critical sub-systems for the industrialization of AM systems
- Work with GE design teams to adapt CAD model geometries for AM fabrication
- Doctorate in Mechanical Engineering or, Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Applied Physics
- Knowledge of CAD tools such as Unigraphics, Solidworks, Pro-Engineer, CATIA.
- Demonstrated ability to work with systems integrators to modify AM equipment as required.
- Demonstrated analytical, experimental, and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with suppliers including OEMs and materials providers.
Demonstrated technical expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Development of novel AM processing methods to enable new functional materials (ceramics, metals or polymers)
- Development of process control methods for laser and electron-beam welding and metal additive manufacturing methods
- Development and experimental validation of fundamental laser-material interaction models, via well thought out structured DOE’s
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- In-depth knowledge of AM machines with experience in modifying machines for improved performance
- Knowledge of post-processing methods for additive manufacturing (surface finishing, machining, heat-treatment)
- Knowledge of materials characterization methods.
- Knowledge of 6-sigma methods
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and skills and thrive in an interdisciplinary applied research environment
- Self-motivated: able to work alone and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Save to cart
GE Careers - 16 months ago
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...