Position in the Business Studies division at Brookhaven College.
Teaches students effectively in assigned classes and maintains office hours for student consultation. Provides students with a written course syllabus. Participates in the evaluation of the instructional process and uses innovative strategies to continually improve learning. Participates in development and support of their discipline by recommending books and materials, revising curricula, and recommending teaching assignments when appropriate. Maintains accurate and complete course records. Performs professional activities and assumes professional responsibilities as agreed upon with the division dean, and works with colleagues to achieve shared goals and visions. Values the collaborative process. Uses knowledge of diverse communities and learning styles and has the ability to incorporate diversity of delivery of such learning styles in instruction. Participates in student advising and registration. Utilizes technology to facilitate learning and to access data, maintain records, generate reports, and communicate with others. Meets professional assignments in accordance with the System’s calendar and contractual obligations. Complies with District’s board policy, state and federal policy, and the student code of conduct as appropriate. Commits to college mission and goals through participating in planning division objectives and budget requests. Serves on and attends college committees as assigned. Participates in campus commencement exercise(s) as required and attends other required college meetings and activities. Participates in his/her own performance appraisal. Demonstrates ability to work effectively with persons from diverse backgrounds. May work with student clubs and/or organizations. Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills to support and enhance effective interaction between District’s and other organizations, businesses and community groups as well as faculty, staff and students from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds. Promotes the college in the community by participating in a variety of marketing activities. Participates in professional development activities. Performs other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree or higher or equivalent certification, with three years of direct or related work experience.
Excellent oral and written communication skills to interact with students of varying diverse backgrounds. Demonstrated skills in successfully working with diverse populations through experiences such as formal training and past work experiences. The ability to provide quality customer service. Unofficial transcripts OR copy of certification are required at the time of application. Where applicable, official transcripts are required if considered for an interview. A criminal background check will be conducted.
Position Specific Qualifications
The Medical Office Program offers a level 1 certificate, which provides skills and knowledge to help students become employed in entry level positions as an administrative assistant.
- To teach coding classes: applicant must have current coding certification; American Academy of Professional Coders( AAPC ) certification is a plus
This application will be considered for a pool of qualified candidates in the Medical Office Program at Brookhaven College. Placement and/or employment may not be immediate or guaranteed.
- To teach medical insurance: applicant must have experience in handling insurance claims; billing process experience is a plus
No teaching experience is required. However, it is helpful if the applicant has worked as a coordinator or has obtained prior supervisory experience.
- Your application will be retained for a period of 12 months.
Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT NOTE :
- A completed application packet includes: on-line application, resume and unofficial transcripts and/or copy of certification
- The application alone is used to determine if minimum requirements are met.
- The completion of all related sections is required even if submitting a resume.
- Part time work experience counts as half time work experience. For example, 12 months of part time work equals 6 months full time work experience.
- When uploading personal documents such as transcripts, resumes, etc., please remove security sensitive information such as social security numbers and date of birth. Documents bearing this information will be removed from the online application system and your applications will be considered incomplete.
# of Months