The Instructor must be able to teach an effective class using a mixture of lecture, video, and other tools to make the class interesting and engaging for the students. Other duties will include assigning and grading of homework, tests, projects, reporting student learning outcomes, and anything else required during the semester.
Other Key Responsibilities:
• Creating a Syllabus
• Developing and/ or choosing course materials, including textbooks, websites, etc.
• Daily Checking of Trocaire email
• Completion of all requested reports and grade submissions at the end of the semester
• Being available to your students throughout the semester both by phone and email
• Attending meetings as required by the program director
• Master's Degree in Healthcare Informatics, Health and Medical Informatics, Health Information Technology, Nursing, Business, Analytics, Computer Science or closely related field with 2-3 years of experience in a healthcare related setting, in a healthcare informatics/ computer science/ technology related role.
Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Informatics, Health and Medical Informatics, Health Information Technology, Business, Analytics, Nursing, Computer Science, or closely related field with 3-5 years of experience in a healthcare related setting, in a healthcare informatics/ computer science/ technology related role.
• Must possess strong analytical skills
• Must be detail-oriented and have strong communication skills
• Familiarity with HIPAA rules and regulations preferred
• Experience using a learning management system (Moodle, Blackboard, Angel, etc. ) preferred
• Certificate or masters level coursework in healthcare informatics highly preferred
Specific Classes and Times"
- Database Healthcare Management Systems: Sundays 8am- 10:50am
- Clinical Decision Support Systems: Saturdays 11am- 1:50pm
- Healthcare Administration & Management: Saturdays 8am- 10:50am
- Business Systems and Design in Healthcare: Fridays 6pm-8:50pm
- Healthcare Systems & Operations: Sundays 8am- 10:50am
Trocaire College - 18 months ago