Provide tactical instruction on topics of required pre-requisite training to XPG students prior to deployment for international assignment
- Provide instruction and conducts training courses utilizing prescribed curriculum for M-4, Glock 17, MK 46/48 and HK 69/GLM.
- Maintain training facility (ranges, driving courses, equipment, etc)
- Ensure safety of students.
- Communicates with XPG Management and ensures compliance with all company policy, procedures, and safety guidelines.
- Represents XPG and deals effectively with students, peers and USG personnel.
- Explains and demonstrates use of equipment.
- Evaluates the abilities of individual participants to determine suitable corrective or remedial instruction.
- Conduct curriculum maintenance and development as required.
- Maintain and complete any additional training and/or certifications required by the contract.
- Travel out of town possibly once a month for a minimum of five (5) days.
- Maintain certification as CAPO and/or COBRA as applicable.
- Deploy with XPG a minimum of 60 days per year.
- Other duties as assigned.
U.S. Citizenship required. Current Secret clearance required, with eligibility for Top Secret. Minimum four years military experience in a combat arms MOS with honorable discharge, with one year of deployment experience in a high-threat/hazardous duty environment. This experience and background may have been gained in the U.S. Military or Special Operations Forces. Operational experience as a CAPO and/or COBRA within the last 12 months preferred. Previous tactical instructional experience required.
Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization. Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion. Problem solving skills with an analytical though process. Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
Frequent work outside and in inclement weather conditions is required, including heat, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing to wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by established company safety standard. Also works in an office/classroom setting. May be deployed overseas in high-threat/austere environments.
Must be able to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 100 lbs. Requires standing for long periods of time in all weather conditions. Requires intermittent sitting, walking, running, climbing, squatting, stretching, bending and kneeling. Requires constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
ACADEMI is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants receive consideration without regard to race, age, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by law.
Academi - 17 months ago
Academi tries to take a scholarly approach to military contracting. The company (formerly Xe Services, and before that, Blackwater...