Administration Team Leader-WAS000L1
Mercer is the global leader for trusted Human Resources and related financial advice, products and services. In our work with clients, we make a positive impact on the world every day. We do this by enhancing the financial and retirement security, health, productivity and employment relationships of the global workforce. Mercer has more than 19,000 employees serving clients in over 180 cities and 40 countries and territories worldwide. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the hundreds of job opportunities available through Mercer. Our core strengths in consulting, outsourcing and investments place Mercer in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary - and extraordinary results require extraordinary people. Mercer is an operating unit of Marsh & McLennan Companies.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a leading global professional services firm with roots dating back to 1871. We employ over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries with annual revenue exceeding $11 billion. Marsh & McLennan Companies is the parent company of a number of the world's leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including: Marsh, our insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, our risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, our provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, our management consultancy.
The Administration Team Leader will manage the team of administrative assistants for an office by directing work, providing feedback, performing annual reviews; as well as coordinating workflow and serving as a liaison between office leadership and other consultants to ensure client satisfaction with Administrative support staff. In addition, this person will motivate individuals to successfully implement cross business training, enhance staff familiarity, and build rapport with all levels of the organization. To fulfill this role, the Administration Team Leader will:
- Partner with business and office leadership in addressing the administrative support needs of the office. Communicate and monitor compliance of Mercer's best practices and standards for document production. Encourage use of best practices; encourage regular training for all Administrative staff via the PfS process, to enhance core work processes and work flow to improve quality of service delivery.
- Serve as liaison between office leader/office leadership group and other consultants to ensure client satisfaction with administrative assistant service levels. Maintain constant coordination and communication with consultants and administrative assistants to keep team members informed of process changes/enhancements or information that affects workflow and service.
- Manage office administrative workflow and allocation of resources while providing quality assurance and client satisfaction with administrative staff performance. Design contingency plans to address needs due to business and planned/unplanned absences. Manage support teams to ensure equal distribution among teams when turnover occurs.
- Manage administrative staff with full authority with regard to: assigning, directing, and evaluating work; hiring, disciplining and firing employees; conducting performance evaluations and career development discussions; approving salary and bonus actions; ensuring appropriate orientation and on-going education/training
- Manage overtime and expense approval for administrative staff; manage expenses for temporary administrative staff. Approve timecards on a weekly basis. Review staffing additions, replacements as appropriate.
- Partner with Human Resources and business and functional areas on staff administrative support openings with concentration on correct skill fit, alignment of responsibilities/experience, and compliance with national standards.
- Participate in market-related or national special projects as needed.
- Work with Facilities staff to assist in special planning, moving people and Business Resiliency Management Plan.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience equaling 5+ year's in a corporate office or professional services firm.
- Previous management experience with proven ability to coach, develop, and build a collaborative and customer-oriented team.
- 3-5 years of previous administrative experience
- Excellent organizational, time management, execution, and tracking skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly build credibility and gain confidence at all levels.
- Strong attention to detail and solid follow through with the ability to set and deliver on priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills. Demonstrated problem solving capabilities. Ability to multi-task.
Job: Administrative Office Support
Primary Location: US-DC-Washington
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates
are equal opportunity employers
Mercer - 17 months ago