California Institute of Technology
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Under general supervision, this position will provide secretarial support to the attorneys in the Caltech Office of the General Counsel (OGC) at campus and the Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
- Preparing and proofreading correspondence and legal documents.
- Processing and logging mail.
- Answering phones and responding to general information requests.
- Maintaining a calendar, scheduling meetings, coordinating travel, maintaining office manuals and files for litigation, directing visitors, acting as backup in the absence of other members of the support staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associate's Degree or equivalent, with 3 years of related experience.
Must possess proficient skills in word processing, proofreading, spelling, and grammar.
A high initiative level and strong sense of responsibility
Must have the ability to compose correspondence
Able to organize work independently and efficiently.
Must be able to handle multiple assignments with conscientious attention to detail and accuracy.
Must possess the ability to interface effectively with Caltech faculty, staff and students as well as with all levels of JPL employees, NASA, and numerous external contacts.
Must be discreet in handling confidential information.
Candidates with Caltech and/or JPL experience or experience in a legal environment will be given preference.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: jobs.caltech.edu
Caltech is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled Persons are encouraged to apply.
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
California Institute of Technology - 2 years ago