Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Science
The Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences is a major academic Department in the School of Medicine, engaged in clinical, research, and training activities at the Parnassus, Mt. Zion and San Francisco General Hospital campuses and satellite locations throughout the Bay Area, with an annual operating budget of $77.2 million. The Department has 86 full-time faculty, 136 other academic appointees, 18 post-doctoral fellows, 20 clinical fellows, 32 residents, 113 voluntary clinical faculty, and 310 staff.
This position serves as the administrative support for the Faculty of the Division of Gynecologic Oncology in the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences. S/he will manage multiple, complex projects on behalf of the Faculty: manage the Faculty’s academic, executive and clinical calendars and prioritize their calendars to align with their commitments and responsibilities; prepare agendas and organize meetings; assist with pre-award grant administration; assist with CHR applications and renewals pertaining to the Faculty’s research; update the Division’s website; schedule travel; complete and track check requests for all faculty; requires excellent communication skills, verbal and writing to draft and edit correspondence, faculty letters, update CV’s, edit scientific manuscripts including journal articles, abstracts and book chapters and generate reports as required; manage the office supplies and equipment and collaborate with the IT department when needed; independently coordinate the Physician credentialing and privileging process; manage the Fellowship program in Gynecologic Oncology; provide leadership and guidance; and will perform other duties as assigned.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• BA/BS with a major in a related field with 1-2 year experience in administrative analysis or operations research; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Executive administrative experience
• Project management experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint
• Ability to work independently and as a team player with individuals at all level
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively with interruptions, deadlines and pressure
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and is flexible to change
• Ability to problem-solve and follow-through with minimal supervision
• Ability to demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality and discretion
• Demonstrate willingness to follow instructions and go extra miles for the job
• Willingness to demonstrate good attendance
• Demonstrate positive attitude, integrity and enthusiastic spirit
• Supreme interpersonal skills
• Strong proofreading, editing, and writing skills in English
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required.
• UCSF work experience in academic, research, teaching and clinical department
• Familiar with UCSF Controllers office – check requests, TEV’s, CREMES, and expense reimbursement policies
• Familiar with UCSF Pre-award grant management and manuscript preparation
University of California San Francisco - 17 months ago