The Department of Pediatrics - Divisions of Critical Care
The Divisions of Critical Care, and Hospital Medicine are large and complex entities within the UCFS Department of Pediatrics. It is comprised of extensive academic, patient care activities and robust research programs. The Dept. of Pediatrics consists of 17 divisions, is the second largest within the UCSF School of Medicine and ranks among the top 10 in the nation among Pediatric Departments for funding from the National Institutes of Health.
The Administrative Analyst will provide operational support for approximately 20 Faculty of assigned divisions (Critical Care / Hospital Medicine / Rehabilitation) within the Department of Pediatrics. The Administrative Analyst will manage multiple, complex projects on behalf of the Faculty. S/he will manage the planning and logistics for division special events from the beginning to end. This includes national research meetings. In addition, the on-call scheduler system (Amion) will be integral part of this position. The Administrative Analyst will obtain Staff Privileges for faculty at outside hospitals and maintain faculty personnel records management. S/he will also assist with manuscript and abstract preparations. This could include some transcription and assist with CHR applications and renewals.
In addition, the day to day work includes managing the Faculty’s academic, executive and clinical calendars and prioritizing their calendars to align with their commitments and responsibilities; prepare agendas, organize meetings, and record minutes as needed; update the Division’s website; schedule travel; and complete and track check requests for all faculty. Excellent communication skills, verbal and writing skills are necessary to draft and edit correspondence, faculty letters, update CV’s, and generate reports as required. The Administrative Analyst will manage the office supplies and equipment and collaborate with the IT department when needed. The Administrative Analyst will provide administrative support to all clinical matters as it relates to the UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital.
The Administrative Analyst must have excellent attention to detail, be able to enter data into on-line systems or Excel/Filemaker accurately and in a timely manner and be extremely organized. Administrative Analyst is often the first phone or e-mail point of contact for all incoming inquires to the divisions and must have excellent communications skills, a professional, pleasant and helpful attitude. The Administrative Analyst may assist with CHR applications and renewals, process check requests/reimbursements for faculty (on-line) and act as back-up for Fellowship Coordinator, assisting with scheduling interviews and some data entry.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• College degree or combination of work experience and education
• Three-five years of outstanding written, verbal, organizational, and excellent computer skills in Excel, Word, Endnote and Outlook.
• Excellent working knowledge of medical terminology
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team and in a self-directed manner and meet deadlines.
• Ability to deal with large numbers of people on phone, e-mail and in person in a professional and courtesy manner
• Ability to handle sensitive personal and patient clinically information appropriately
• Ability to independently generate computer reports, checking for errors, correcting and submitting accurate reports
Physical Demands: requires sitting; standing; walking; squatting; bending; waist twisting; kneeling; crawling; climbing stairs; climbing ladders; reaching up to shoulder height; reaching above shoulder level; carrying/lifting 30 pounds; pushing/pulling 30 pounds; gripping/grasping, fine/gross finger manipulation; repetitive movements of upper and lower extremities; may be exposed to loud noises; differentiate color.
• Two-Three years prior office experience working in an Pediatric academic institution
• Two-Three years of recent UCSF administrative experience
• One-two years recent experience working in an inpatient units
• One-two years prior experience using UCSF systems such as UCARE, APeX (EPIC), Weblinks and BuyBear (P2P)
• Two-Three years prior administrative experience
University of California San Francisco - 13 months ago