Responsible for providing a full range of administrative support for Corporate Services group.
- Prepare confidential, business and personal correspondence for assigned executives.
- Proofread and correct prepared materials for correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, format, syntax and content.
- Prepare agendas, notices, minutes for meetings.
- Timely review of legal documents (specifically customer contracts) to ensure Terms and Conditions conform to company policies and guidelines and if necessary engage outside legal counsel to provide proper guidance.
- Operate Lotus Notes to effectively communicate with other entities in the Cummins network.
- Screen incoming calls for assigned executives, answer routine calls where appropriate, and ensure that messages are delivered in a timely manner.
- Assist customers, as necessary, if routed to Corporate Services group.
- Make, monitor and confirm travel & hotel plans for assigned executives and other department personnel, as assigned.
- Coordinate and organize programs, events, meetings or conferences by arranging facilities and caterers, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers, projectors and other necessary requirements for a successful meeting and controlling event budget.
- Attend meetings and teleconference calls, as required, to assure minutes are properly recorded and distributed. Occasional travel involved.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality of all corporate, personnel and research matters.
- Receive, sort and reroute mail as appropriate for assigned executive.
- Create and maintain database and spreadsheets.
- Filing for assigned executives and any requested photocopies by executives or managers.
- Typing and filing assignments for other department personnel.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or trade school plus five years secretarial/administrative experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Windows based software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Efficient and accurate typing speed and skills.
- Strong knowledge of basic grammatical and spelling skills.
- Knowledge of legal terminology and syntax, and of the content, organization and format of legal documents.
- Effectively communicate one on one and in small groups with employees, managers, customers, vendors and the public.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Pleasant and professional demeanor with employees, managers, customers, vendors and the public.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment
- Ability to use diplomacy and discretion in giving out information and in referring and directing callers.
- Knowledge of the organization and composition of business letters, minutes, reports, charts, and numerical and tabular materials.