Kern Community College District
Administrative Assistant, Academic Affairs
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, provide administrative support and assistance to an assigned program; perform a wide variety of special projects; and participate in budget preparation and administration.
The Kern Community College District provides a maximum contribution to an excellent health and welfare benefits plan. Vacation, sick leave, holidays, income protection and retirement included.
Knowledge and Abilities
• Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
• Principles and procedures of financial record-keeping, bookkeeping an audit procedures.
• Basic principles and practices of fiscal, statistical and administrative research and report preparation.
• Policies and objectives of assigned program activities.
• Budgeting practices regarding monitoring and control.
• Operating of computer equipment and specified software such as word processing and spreadsheets.
• Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Record-keeping techniques.
• Public relations techniques.
• Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Maintain current knowledge of program rules, regulations, requirements and restrictions.
• Research, compile, analyze, interpret and prepare a variety of fiscal, statistical and administrative reports.
• Participate in budget preparation and administration.
• Compose correspondence and written materials independently.
• Answer telephones and greet the public courteously.
• Maintain files and records.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain cooperative effective working relationships with others.
• Operate a computer and specified software such as word processing and spreadsheets.
• Complete work with many interruptions.
• Work independently with little direction.
• Plan and organize work.
• Work confidentially with discretion.
Education and Experience
Any combination equivalent to: Associate degree and four years of increasingly responsible secretarial experience.
Position Number: 00997
Posting Date: 04/21/2014
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Classified
Work Week: 40 hours per week, 12 month position
Minimum Salary: $3,803.40 per month
Maximum Salary: $4,633.38 per month
College/Site: Bakersfield College
Location: BC-Main Campus
Salary Grade: 44.5
Special Instructions to Applicants
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on Monday, May 5, 2014 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
• Completed Online Application for Employment form
• Current resume
• Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
• Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
• List of six (6) professional references – Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
To apply, visit http://careers.kccd.edu/postings/4347
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
- 16 months ago - save job