The primary responsibility of this position is to assist the Biology Chair, the Director of the ESAM Graduate Program, and the PreMed Advisors with all internal operations within the Biology Department.
- Will exercise tact, courtesy and good judgment in all correspondence and personal contact
- Interacts with the public and the University community through accurate telephone contact, written correspondence and personal visits
- Enters all declared Biology Majors into database and updates each file folder for their Advisor every semester
- Assists with the preparation of course schedules for the upcoming year
- Enters all courses and course information each semester into DCU database
- Plans and executes special events for the department
- Approves and monitors all Faculty Assignments for Payroll and prints out contracts to be signed by all Adjuncts and full time Faculty each semester.
- Orders and supervises the distribution of all office supplies, coordinates book orders, desk copy requests and Instructor’s materials for each semester for full/part time faculty
- Schedules meetings for faculty: reserves event facilities for faculty meetings with appropriate departments
- Makes travel arrangements and reservations
- Handles receptionist duties for departments
- Offers support to students as necessary, e.g. make-up exams, faculty appointments, etc.
- Copies exams and other materials for full-time and adjunct faculty
- Collects and distributes all departmental mail including shipping out packages for Faculty
- Monitors the Biology office budget
- Other duties as directed
- High School Graduate
- Associate's Degree preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience in office and/or academic environment
- Must have good knowledge of computers, including work processing and spread-sheet experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Fast paced, busy office environment, may include evening and weekend hours
Sacred Heart University - 5 months ago