The Administrative Assistant supports the Chief Investment Officer, Chief Compliance Officer, and Director of Investments (Client Service) by performing all secretarial and clerical functions. These functions vary and will require a certain degree of independent judgment. This individual represents the Chief Investment Officer, the Chief Compliance Officer and CHIMCO to affiliates and external parties.
- Performs all secretarial and clerical duties of the Chief Investment Officer, Chief Compliance Officer, and Director of Investments (Client Service), including:
- Operates a computer using a variety of programs including proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel) and Code Red, a client relationship management database software; operates photocopier and phone system;
- Reads, sorts, prioritizes and organizes incoming emails, mail and faxes. Ensures that outgoing mail and faxes are timely sent; if necessary, routes mail to specific delivery service; follows up on timely delivery;
- Screens telephone calls and records messages;
- Establishes and maintains calendar and deadline reminder systems; utilizes master calendar system; makes appointments; sets up meetings and conference calls;
- Types and revises (according to instruction) memoranda, agreements and other legal and non legal documents; formats presentations; drafts routine correspondence; proofreads and edits documents prepared by others;
- Creates and maintains files and required records in paper and electronic formats, including client files, correspondence files, research files, general files and compliance books and records; conducts periodic review for possible off-site storage of older files;
- Coordinates travel plans, prepares itineraries, completes expense reports, reports PTO.
- Performs overload secretarial and clerical duties as time permits and as requested by other director-level CHIMCO employees.
- Creates and maintains sophisticated spreadsheets on Microsoft Excel of projects for director level CHIMCO accounting personnel.
- Performs related general duties and special projects as assigned.
- Participates in special projects and perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Investment Officer, Chief Compliance Officer and Director of Investments (Client Service).
- Work well with employees at all levels within CHIMCO and affiliated organization, using tact and diplomacy while maintaining all information in the strictest of confidence.
- Promotes and exemplifies and supports the Ascension Health Core Values of Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity, and Dedication.
The individual must have a high school diploma, a minimum of five years experience at the executive level. Post high school education and training is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Above-average secretarial skills are required. Preferred applicants will have previous legal secretarial experience, experience with investment industry, and/or securities law. The individual must be able to type a minimum of 70 words per minute. Must be fluent in English and possess excellent grammar, punctuation, spelling and proofreading skills without relying on word processing program functions. Must have ability to work in a fast paced environment as assignments will change with frequency. Excellent organizational and time management skills are required, including the ability to balance multiple projects, establish priorities and meet deadlines. Ability to process routine daily functions while applying critical thinking skills and common sense understanding to resolve issues and complete complex assignments. Confidentiality, flexibility, attention to detail and the ability to function independently, professionally, and efficiently are essential.
Ascension Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Ascension Health - 20 months ago