The Howard Hughes Corporation owns, manages and develops
commercial, residential and mixed-use real estate
throughout the country. Our company is comprised of
Master Planned Communities, Operating Properties,
Strategic Developments and other unique assets spanning
18 states from New York to Hawaii. We are traded on the
New York Stock Exchange as HHC.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to support
the Construction and Engineering department at our
Summerlin Master Planned Community. The Administrative
Assistant will provide technical and administrative
support to the Construction and Engineering departments.
This position will also be expected to establish systems
and procedures to improve the work flow and productivity
of the Construction and Engineering teams.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
the Construction and Engineering group. Schedule
- Perform all aspects of administrative support for
appointments and maintain calendars.
preparation for status, cost and management reports,
- Research and prepare information and date in
meetings and work projects. Requires interaction
with other departments, construction contractors and
coordinate with other departments (Planning, Sales
- Track and maintain job contracts.
- Establish and maintain record drawing files,
and Accounting departments) to ensure that complete
files are maintained and accurate. Review and track
the status of key project documents.
consistent with the Construction and Engineering
- Establish a general approach to project files
Groups criteria. Ensure that files are maintained
within established criteria.
departments. Ensure that timely and accurate data is
- Facilitate proper information flow through
provided to individuals requiring the information.
department. Ensure timely preparation of cost data
- Maintain accurate cost database information for the
by all project managers. Assist in tracking cost
data by project and compare to budget.
- Participate in the scheduled receptionist relief
college or an Associates or Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years Administrative Support experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Some
terminology is beneficial.
- Knowledge of construction and engineering
an appropriate manner.
- Must be able to handle confidential information in
efficient and effective manner with people at all
- Must be able to interact in a mature, pleasant,
levels both inside and outside the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills a
organized and capable of handling multiple
- Must be able to exercise good judgment, be extremely
- Willingness to "pitch in" where and when needed.
- Must possess a high level of administrative support
office 2010 applications (Word, Excel, Power Point,
- Proficiency with Windows 7 operating system and MS
- Practical working knowledge of JDE system and
% of Travel Required : None
Offer Relocation : No
Howard Hughes Corporation - 20 months ago