The individual in this position provides administrative and secretarial support to the department physicians. Answers phones, registers patients, schedules appointments, posts surgical procedures, and coordinates insurance verifications and pre-authorizations. Manages physician's calendar, coordinates travel, and assists with manuscripts and protocols. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's (GUH) philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- At least three years experience in a medical/clinical office required.
- Experience with computerized scheduling and registration systems.
- Working knowledge of IDX / GE Centricity Business preferred.
- Experience with an electronic health record system desired, especially GE Centricity Clinical or Aria.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills, and good telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with a variety of different individuals.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Administrative Assistant, Admin Asst, Receptionist, Scheduler, Clerk, Clerical, Secretary, Secretarial, MS Office, Microsoft, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital - 19 months ago
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest...