Administrative Assistant, HR
Job ID 5613
Location US-MO-St. Charles
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Minimum Education High School or Equivalent
Minimum Yrs. Experience 2
Relocation Provided No
Travel Percentage (%) ..
More information about this job:
At Sysco we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great product - you must haveall the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiencesbehind our diverse workforce that embodies Sysco.Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing anddistributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments andother customers who prepare meals away from the home.
Sysco's Vision - To be our Customers' most valued and trusted business partner.
Provide administrative and clerical support to the Human Resources Department to include compiling information and creating reports, typing correspondence, answering phones, and coordinating activities as assigned while maintaining a high level of security and confidentiality.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Understand and utilize basic HR functions, such as Sysco Sponsored Benefit Plans, COBRA, FLSA, Wage and Hour Laws, STD and FMLA as needed.
* Assist in on-boarding, I9 completion, New Hire paperwork and initial training of new hires as needed.
* Calculates, records, and inputs payroll information into an automatic data processing system and transmits payroll for calculation; includes importing of payroll related data from other software systems. Maintains Total Time records with corrections to employee punch times as directed by their supervisor for weekly payroll submission.
* Review CSV files and other payroll correspondence, correcting errors and explaining the rationale for needed changes to ensure accuracy of payroll.
* Researches and solves payroll problems, preparing ACH/Wire paychecks manually, as needed, to ensure that all employees are paid in a timely manner.
* Ensures that all timesheets are received from each department and that all information provided to CASI is accurate.
* Ensures that all payroll maintenance such as, transfers, new hires, promotions, status changes and other relevant information has been entered accurately into the SAP/HRIS and timekeeping systems.
* Ensure information for payroll functions (banking, deductions, vacation requests, etc.) is completed by associates in SAP.
* Employment verifications upon request including DOT verifications.
* Reporting and reconciliation of records for internal use and bargaining unit requirements. Tracking of probationary and casual associates for Bargaining Unit. Tracks Union dues and Drive deductions – Reconciles & submits billings for approval and payment.
* Work with payroll processing company for changes/updates to computer files, tax issues and employee reporting issues (W2’s and new hire reporting).
* Maintains E-Time system and time clocks, also makes additions, corrections, deletions and runs weekly reports as needed. Coordinates with support staff to resolve issues and install or adjust new time clocks.
* Maintains orderliness of HR Bulletin Boards and ensured all required postings are up to date.
* Compiles and sends out phone list on at least a quarterly basis.
* Notifies Sr. Management, IT, Credit and facilities of terminated associates.
* Prepares supplemental insurance bills.
* Respond to all requests for tax exempt letter and w9 documentation
* Accurately complete all HR filing
* Track Random DOT drug screening on quarterly basis.
* Print, mail, proof read and assist in any administrative duties for President as needed.
* Train as backup receptionist for vacations and scheduled days off including processing checks, mail systems and telephone system.
* Attends seminars, job fairs, or other external activities as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
* High School diploma, or equivalent
* 2 years administrative experience in Human Resources.
* Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point; able to type a minimum of 50-wpm accurately.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule in order to accommodate the needs of associates working all shifts.
* Must possess strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and management; remain poised, professional and diplomatic under pressure.
* Must have the ability to be detail oriented and balance multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
* A demonstrated ability to plan and organize work activities; analyze and disseminate forms; manage work time efficiently; follow procedures and policies; identify and solve problems.
* Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Able to maintain a file system to include alphabetical, numerical, and chronological filing activities.
* Must be able to proofread documents and make appropriate spelling and grammar corrections to documents written in English.
* Must provide enthusiasm and creativity in problem solving along with flexibility and a desire to learn.
* Must be committed to ethical conduct principles associated with the handling of confidential information/materials.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
* Bi-lingual in English and Spanish highly preferred
* HR Courses / Certifications
* FMLA/CFRA Administration
* COBRA Administration
This work requires the following physical activities: climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, lifting up to 25 lbs. of material, finger dexterity for activities such as data entry and calculator use, grasping, repetitive motions, speaking, hearing, visual acuity, and mobility between departments. The work is performed primarily indoors.
Sysco St. Louis is proud to be an EEO/AA employer - M/F/D/V.
This opportunity is available through Sysco St. Louis. This is not a Corporate position.
All hiring decisions will be made at the sole discretion of Sysco St.Louis.
Apply for this job:
* Apply for this job online
* Email this job to a friend
SYSCO - 8 months ago
As a subsidiary of SYSCO Corporation, the largest foodservice distributor in North America, Sysco Houston distributes fresh and frozen meat,...