Department: Real Estate
Reports To : Director, Leasing
Trinity Church is one of the largest landholders in Manhattan; the revenue from Trinity's real-estate holdings makes the parish’s mission and work - in New York and throughout the world possible.
In 1705, Queen Anne of England granted the "Church Farm" to Trinity - 215 acres of what was then, and would remain for many years, farmland north of the city center. Queen Anne’s generous gift allowed Trinity to begin leasing lots and offer its own land grants - the first of which was given to King’s College, later known as Columbia University. Today, Trinity owns 15 acres - or 8 per cent - of the original 215 land grant acres.
Trinity continued offering land grants to other institutions, including new churches and chapels. From 1784 - 1814, Trinity gave away 143 lots to other churches. Trinity owned or leased land for commercial and residential buildings throughout the 19th century. When the Grea.t Depression hit in 1929, Trinity’s buildings were leased long-term to developers. These buildings were configured exclusively for commercial use, mainly to accommodate printers who wanted to be close to their financial customers on Wall Street.
Trinity began converting its manufacturing spaces to premium office space in 1983, in an area that became known as Hudson Square. This district, in which Trinity Real Estate holds six million square feet in 18 buildings, is a bustling center of business, new residential projects, galleries, shops and restaurants.
Today, Trinity owns 40% of the built space in the Hudson Square area and is home to a diverse roster of high-profile companies that includes advertising agencies, designers, architects (both web and building), software companies, publishers and major corporations like MTV Networks, New York Magazine, Saatchi & Saatchi Advertising, WNYC Radio, Viacom, and CBS. Hudson Square and Trinity have become home to many of the City’s leading not-for-profits, including Atlantic Philanthropies, the Audubon Society and the Guggenheim Foundation. At 160 Varick , Trinity helped establish and houses a new business incubator to promote the growth of technology start-ups in the community.
Summary: Manage and track all new and existing lease obligations to ensure compliance with all terms, including timely completion by Trinity of all landlord-required construction and improvements . Keep all parties -- Trinity staff, contractors, and tenants –continually up to date on obligations to assure compliance with financial arrangements by both landlord and tenant.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SIGNIFICANT RELATIONSHIPS/ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Prepare leases based on the terms and conditions agreed upon by the leasing agents and Trinity.
- Evaluate and proofread leases prepared by outside counsel to ensure they conform to the terms of the deals. Incorporate any additional lease exhibits, e.g., floor plans, rent escalation schedules, and landlord work schedule.
- Review content of rental applications to ensure that required information is provided for the review of the leasing agents.
- Administer paper work required for tenant storage and parking licenses to ensure tenant's legal occupancy of storage and parking areas.
- Review documents to ensure accuracy, continuity and expediency in the implementation of leases, modifications, lease amendments and other related documents.
- Prepare and provide leasing activity information for external data bases (e.g. Co-Star, Trinity Real Estate website and our public relations and advertising companies).
- Conduct necessary administrative services in support of Trinity's advertising and promotion programs to increase market visibility.
- Review for accuracy and process invoices for payment of Real Estate advertising invoices and broker commissions. Ensure timely and correct payment of invoices.
- Prepare regular and updated regular reports, including weekly leasing reports, availability reports, and work-in-progress reports.
- Prepare and provide outside mailing house with necessary materials for Trinity mailings. Continually update mailing list.
- Provide assistance and coordination of special events, including Golf Outing, broker parties, and holiday event.
- Track and provide standard responses to leasing and availability inquiries.
- Provide required secretarial duties to Director, Leasing and other assigned Leasing staff. Handle telephone for assigned leasing staff, and provide administrative and other support services to that department, as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Real Estate Accounting: Obtain all lease related information.
- Purchasing and Accounts Payable: Trace payments to vendors.
- Ad Agency: Secure messenger service and reproduction of documents.
- Building Superintendents: Tracking of tenants.
- Brokers/prospective tenants: Liaison among outside brokers, prospective tenants and leasing agents coordinating appointments and relevant information.
- Tenants: Provide information and direct inquiries to appropriate sources.
- Outside Counsel: Consult with attorney's office in reference to leases.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS
- Knowledge of lease terminology, contract processes and business terms.
- PC literate with a knowledge of Microsoft Office, and database applications
- Aptitude for working with figures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Team player
We offer a competitive salary . For consideration, please send your cover letter , resume , salary history , and salary requirements to:
- 3-5 years experience in Real Estate administration .
Trinity Wall Street
Human Resources Department
No phone calls please.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
The Parish of Trinity Church is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To learn more about Trinity, visit www.trinitywallstreet.org.
Monster - 16 months ago