This individual will work the Department Chair and faculty in the Department of Educational Leadership and Higher Education.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Work closely with the Lynch School academic administrative officer, business manager, the Associate Dean and the department chair on all departmental issues including the course schedule, summer school part time faculty hires, and data for internal and external reports.
- Process departmental financial transactions on People Soft Financial Accounting and Human Resources Systems, track departmental tuition remission, monitor departmental budgets, and reconcile procurement card accounts.
- Edit and format course syllabi, correspondence, and produce a wide variety of reports related to programs, courses, and students.
- Provide web and social media support for the department chairs and faculty and Blackboard Vista support for courses.
- Update the departmental databases, take, prepare and distribute minutes of faculty meetings when needed, and interview, hire and direct student employees.
- Answer and direct telephone calls; assist students and visitors, schedule meetings and coordinate faculty searches as required.
- Work closely with the program coordinators to disseminate information to potential doctoral students and assist with departmental event planning, including scheduling rooms and assisting program directors with orientation schedules and locations.
- Maintain files; process all forms for doctoral students in the department and verify doctoral students' clearance to graduate for the Lynch School Graduate Student Services Center.
- Contact the Work Order Department for necessary furniture moves, cleaning, and painting.
- Superior customer service orientation and focus and the ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to work with varying constituencies including faculty, staff, and students
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, FileMaker Pro, Microsoft Word, Power Point)
- Familiarity with social media
- Ability to maintain data security and confidentiality of all data at all times
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrable problem solving skills
- Ability to hire, delegate, oversee, follow-up and supervise student employees (valuing diversity
- Ability to create and maintain systems for efficient office management
- Ability to work with others under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Familiarity with Boston College systems is preferred
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.