ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 60 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 700 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
The ABA Rule of Law Initiative seeks a dynamic college graduate to serve as a temporary Administrative Assistant for the ABA ROLI Middle East and North Africa Division (MENA). The Administrative Assistant must be able to provide exceptional administrative, writing, and research support under considerable time constraints and while balancing multiple priorities. Selected candidate will be responsible for providing daily administrative and logistical support to the administrative and program staff of the MENA Division.
- Maintaining databases and monitoring expense reports, spreadsheets, and project files.
- Assisting in preparations for staff and board meetings (developing agendas, preparing and distributing materials, scheduling and drafting minutes).
- Drafting letters and managing office correspondence.
- Providing phone support.
- Arranging business travel.
- Coordinating printing, mailing, photocopying and general administrative support.
- Undergraduate degree with a background in international or cross-cultural relations.
- Attention to details and excellent organizational and communication skills, including superlative writing and editing skills.
- Extensive software skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, as well as Internet research abilities.
- Flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal and external contacts.
- An expressed interest in international development through coursework, travel, and/or internship experience is desired.
Global Jobs - 17 months ago