Excelsior College seeks applicants for a full time position of Administrative Assistant in the Office of Registration and Records. The administrative assistant will perform a variety of secretarial and administrative functions, which require the ability to learn and apply established policies and practices to support the different teams in the Office of Registration and Records. Excellent organizational, interpersonal and professional communication skills are required. The administrative assistant must be able to organize, prioritize, and accurately complete their work within prescribed timeframes. This is a full-time position with benefits.
The administrative assistant will demonstrate proficient knowledge of computer applications, word processing, and the Excelsior College Student Information System (SIS), work closely with all other Office of Registration and Records staff, and report to the Associate Director of Records.
The successful candidate must be able to perform each of the following duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The qualifications listed are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- Answer the telephone and provide excellent service to students, staff, and other third parties
- Compose, modify, and proof correspondence
- Conduct accurate data entry using Microsoft Word and the SIS
- Develop and maintain filing systems
- Prep, scan, and index documents using the College’s imaging and workflow systems
- Photocopy, collate, and mail pertinent materials
- Create/update student files and records on computer
- Mail merges using Microsoft Word
- Manage a high volume workload while maintaining fast turnaround time
- Assist all Office of Registration and Records teams
- Function as part of a team
- Serve on College-wide committees as assigned
- Carry out other duties as requested
- High school diploma or GED plus equivalent experience or a minimum of 4 years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Associate degree or higher preferred
- Experience working in a records/registrar’s office desired
- Excellent interpersonal and professional communication skills
- Must demonstrate excellent time management and organizational skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Must be dependable
- Must demonstrate a high level of initiative
- High level of proficiency utilizing Microsoft Word and Internet Explorer
- Willingness to learn new software including the SIS
- Ability to problem solve
- Keyboard 50-55 wpm
Excelsior College - 19 months ago
Founded as Regents College in 1971 and chartered as a private, nonprofit institution in 1998, the College was renamed Excelsior College in...