Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center ( www.rencenter.org ) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit working to create sustainable economic development through small business ownership. At our four offices and remote program sites, we deliver high-quality business training support services to socially and economically diverse men and women starting and expanding microenterprises.
Renaissance Marin seeks an administrative assistant to support our programs. The AA shall be responsible for client data input, data tracking and reporting using VistaShare client tracking system and WEBCATS, the data collection system for Renaissance's Small Business Development Center contract with the U.S. Small Business Administration. The AA will provide other support services including client contact, initial services and client assessment. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, able to set and meet deadlines, and enjoys working with data in a dynamic and diverse work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Renaissance Center Manager and program staff with administrative and client-centered tasks
- Support Renaissance Marin's administrative, programmatic and reporting requirements on new contract as the U.S. Small Business Administration's Small Business Development Center (SBDC) in Marin County.
- Data Collection and Entry – collect client intake forms, input client data into Renaissance databases.
- Assist with programmatic reporting and provide data for ad hoc, quarterly and annual reporting on programs
- Provide back up as the initial point of contact with prospective clients; assess client needs and describe appropriate counseling and training resources
- Work with the Renaissance Marin staff to schedule business consulting, client meetings and manage client casework
- Assist in Renaissance Marin events management including scheduling, registration, materials, facilities set-up, catering arrangements, marketing, media notification and event implementation
- Provide input to quarterly training calendaring; input quarterly class schedule into on- and off-line registration system in conjunction with the overall Renaissance Marin scheduling
- Other tasks to be defined
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity with respect to age, ancestry, color, creed, gender, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status and physical abilities.
- Accredited degree from a community college or university program in business or related field, or the equivalent of three or more years of progressive responsibilities related to office services, data management and program administrative support
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills; ability to work effectively in team environments and to develop effective working relationships with diverse clients and colleagues
- Demonstrated experience preparing data queries, clear and concise narrative reports, correspondence, and other written materials
- Knowledge or experience with Microsoft Office, computer software, data collection systems and Internet research, system monitoring, evaluation and reporting. Knowledge of VistaShare and/or the SBDC WEBCATS systems a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective business practices. At least two years of practical entrepreneurial experiences is highly desirable. Knowledge of, or ability to learn and convey information on applicable laws, rules, ordinances and regulations
- Effective problem-solving; ability to evaluate information, develop options and implement solutions
- Ability to work independently to organize, schedule and manage multiple tasks and overlapping deadlines
- Flexibility and comfort working in a fast paced and changing environment
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Bay Area region on occasion to represent Renaissance Marin