Responsible for primary office coverage. Coordinate room reservation system for student organizations; serve as liaison with appropriate offices, such as Bureau of Conferences, Student Services and Residential Life; manage four spaces which are controlled by the Student Programs Office (SPO). Manage the office, and supervise and train 12 student employees. Advise student leaders about the services provided by SPO. Oversee the posting approval process for flyers and banners. Communicate daily with students, administrators, and faculty. Provide technology support to SPO staff and registered student clubs. Oversee shared student organization space in Campanella Way. Collaborate with temporary administrative assistant in managing front office, overseeing office equipment, facilitating office communication, and processing and recording budget transactions.
* Requires office management experience (2-3 years preferred) including supervision experience.
* Must have strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail and accuracy.
* Must have the ability to problem solve, work independently, and show initiative.
* Must have proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and database management, as well as a working knowledge of computer and network technology.
* Bachelor's degree
* Understanding of college student life is essential.
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.