Scripps Networks Interactive, a leading developer of high-profile, lifestyle-oriented content for many media platforms including television, digital, mobile and publishing. SNI's media portfolio includes popular lifestyle brands HGTV, DIY Network, Food Network, Cooking Channel, Travel Channel and country music network Great American Country. On-air programming is complemented with online video, social media and e-commerce components on companion Web sites reaching millions of fans around the world.
We are seeking an administrative assistant to provide support to our legal team. In this role you will perform confidential administrative duties that require a high level of tact, diplomacy and discretion. Responsibilities include revising contracts, planning and scheduling meetings, answering and directing calls, editing documents, drafting correspondence, spreadsheet creation and data entry, filing and indexing, and performing other duties as needed/directed. Great growth opportunity for a motivated applicant!
- Coordinate mail, make travel arrangements, and prepare expense reports.
- Makes appointments and arranges meeting rooms as required.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic files.
- Contract processing, including printing, setting up of physical and electronic files, and adding contracts into legal database.
- Route contracts for signature/countersignature, scan, save and electronically file executed agreements.
- Document processing, including edit documents and run black line comparisons.
- Drafting simple agreements or manage other Legal projects under direction of attorneys.
- Assist attorneys and staff of Legal Affairs department as needed.
Education: Bachelor's degree preferred; high school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years law firm experience required. Demonstrated proficiency with PC/Windows, Word, and Outlook.
- Exceptional communications skills.
- Capacity to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- High proficiency in working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Professional. Must be able to edit documents using track-change feature and to compare documents using document comparison tools.
- Superior organization skills with ability to act independently and responsibly and to coordinate projects and facilitate team activities under direction from supervisor.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems, such as word processing, files and records, and office processes.
- Exceptional attention to detail in written work product. Commitment to proof reading.
- Manage sensitive information with discretion and confidentiality.
- Solid familiarity with the web and online tools; tech savvy with the ability to adapt to new technologies.
- Ability to support multiple team members. Cool under pressure.
- Poise, professionalism, and maturity to interact with senior executives.
- Sound judgment.
- Must have flexibility to work on diverse projects simultaneously
- Writing and/or editorial skills highly desired
- 2 years ago - save job