The Administrative Assistant (Marketing) provides support to the Director of Marketing and to the marketing department as a whole. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, arranging conference calls, scheduling meetings, shipping/mailing, taking lunch orders, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, and creating and maintaining records of marketing transactions, leads, prospects, customers, and partners. In addition, the Marketing Administrative Assistant will work with the marketing team to provide the tools, cooperation, and cohesiveness that is needed to maintain a positive and successful working environment.
A successful candidate for this position will be helpful, flexible, accommodating, pleasant, professional, and dependable, while demonstrating an incredible attention to detail, and the ability to meet strict deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills.
- MUST be a team player with a positive, helpful, can-do attitude
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and duties such as word processing, file management, record keeping, template creation, etc. is required
- Skilled in customer service and personal service
- Ability to use computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to enter data and process information
- Be articulate, communicative, and professional with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to remain organized at all times
- Independently analyze information and solve problems
- Be flexible to a changing environment, acknowledging urgency when necessary
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in confidential matters
- Process suggestions, corrections, and feedback professionally
Education and Experience
Training in a vocational school or an Associate's degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred. One or two years of previous work experience, internship, on-the-job training, or any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position is acceptable. Interest in marketing or previous experience supporting a marketing department is a plus.
- Help coordinate, maintain, and communicate schedules for the Director of Marketing and other team members as needed, which may include setting up appointments, calls, and making travel arrangements
- Prepare purchase orders, reports, memos, letters, financial statements, and other documents, using Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Help prepare marketing and promotional materials
- Assist with incoming and outbound marketing materials and publications per department procedures and deadlines
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and e-mail
- Prepare responses to routine inquiries
- Coordinate, update, and maintain marketing files, lists, and folders
- Retrieve documents, records, and reports as per company policy and procedure
- Order promotional materials and maintain an up-to-date inventory of those materials
- Communicate professionally in person, in writing, and by telephone or e-mail with people inside and outside of the organization; positively represent the organization and the marketing department
- Assist in event planning and tradeshow coordination/participation (i.e., booth materials, travel, registration, etc.)
Shift4 Corporation - 20 months ago
Shift4 is the largest independent payment gateway in North America. We deliver powerful, Web-based financial applications that allow...