The Administrative Assistant will perform clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, or providing information to callers within assigned department or functional area. Administer GSNorCal business systems and provide reports and correspondence as needed. This job may assist one or more managers/supervisors.
Answer incoming phone calls and assist and/or refer callers in a pleasant, efficient, and professional manner.
Retrieve information from GSNorCal systems or program literature and communicate to constituents.
Conduct accurate computer data entry.
Maintain and provide accurate records and information.
Organize, reproduce, collate and distribute materials.
Facilitate activities for program participants.
Filing, maintaining or retrieving records, forms.
Greet, assist and/or refer all visitors and staff entering the office and store in a pleasant, efficient, and professional manner.
Offer and provide Girl Scout program information, sales assistance and guidance.
Post outgoing mail, including USPS, UPS, Federal Express mail
Receipt of retail store over-the-counter monies accurately.
Assist other departments as needed with data entry, production, and administrative tasks, or other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum one year in a customer service or administrative support capacity.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, Word and Excel; ability to navigate Internet.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard, and possess expedient and accurate data entry skills.
- Effective professional communications in writing and verbally.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills as may be needed in person and/or on the phone.
- Ability to organize work assignments as needed and display attention to detail.
- Works both independently and as a team player.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to handle confidential materials and information in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to exhibit a positive, cooperate attitude and professional image in working with all staff, members, and visitors daily.
- Ability to lift/load/move boxes weighting 20-30 pounds as needed
- Ability to see and respond to incoming visitors.
- Ability to operate and learn to maintain basic office equipment.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety, rules, and procedure manuals.
- College or business school training.
- Knowledge of Girl Scout mission, program, merchandise, and volunteer procedures.
- Knowledge of other languages, cultures is useful
Girl Scouts of Northern California - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard