University of Idaho
Administrative Assistant 2
(ALCP Administrative Assistant)
American Language & Culture Program
Open for Recruitment: April 1, 2013 - April 15, 2013
Announcement #: 01231053151
Pay Rate: $11.53 - $15.40/hr; $23,982 - $32,032/yr
Full or Part Time: Full Time
This position is contingent upon the continuation of work and/or funding.
Online Application ( Apply Here )
Letter of Qualification
The American Language and Culture Program Administrative Assistant position is responsible for assisting with administrative duties, including, billing, office maintenance, classroom scheduling, managing and compiling reports and processing student applications and registration. This position is also responsible for correspondence with future and current students, addressing the ALCP email, reception and providing essential customer service to international ESL students. This position coordinates information within the American Language and Culture Program, schedules meetings, and assists with the overall operations of the American Language and Culture Program. This position works closely with other campus departments and the Moscow community. The individual holding this position must have strong organizational skills, a proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat X Pro and Banner, flexibility, and a respect for, and experience with different cultures, religions, and races.
Good knowledge of: office support functions including word processing, filing, composing a variety of business documents, reception; researching, compiling and summarizing data for reports, and balancing and coordinating a workload for multiple projects in an open reception area.
Experience: interpreting, applying and explaining complex information such as regulations, policies or services; independently solving problems/performing liaison activities in a work setting; coordinating activities requiring complex arrangements.
Must: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.*
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
To enrich education through diversity, the University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in International Studies, Foreign Language or English;
- Experience working with diverse individuals from varying cultural and socio-economic backgrounds that possess low to advanced English speaking capabilities;
- Experience working in an academic setting;
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment in prioritizing tasks and services in an open intercultural environment;
- Demonstrated excellent time management skills: ability to work effectively, with accuracy and timeliness, to meet deadlines, in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment with consistent interruptions;
- Effective written and verbal communication;
- Progressively responsible experience working in an office environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students and colleagues
- Ability to assist individuals from varying cultural and socio-economic backgrounds in demanding situations;
- Intermediate skills in:
- Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat X Pro, and web applications
- Microsoft Office, Windows software, and databases
- Experience or willingness to be trained in using Banner software, particularly the student module
- Experience with or willingness to learn relevant UI policies and procedures, and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to travel, and work evenings and weekends
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
University of Idaho - 17 months ago